|Company Commander : Lt. Dr. N. Arun Nagendran|
NCC Army – Infantry Division, was instituted in our college in 1952. It is functioning under 7 Tamilnadu Battalion NCC which comes under the Madurai Group, Tamilnadu, Pondichery and Andaman Nicobar Directorate with a strength of 75 cadets and one Associate NCC officer. In 2004, girl students were also enrolled under mixed battalion concept.
We received appreciation from the Minister for Youth Welfare, Government of Tamilnadu and Defence Secretary, Ministry of Defence, Government of India for organizing a State Level Seminar on the Role of NCC in Nation Building in the year 2006.
K.R. Premkumar II B.Sc. Physics and T.R. Anitha II B.Com. received Tamil Nadu Government Scholarship (Rs.1,200/- each) for Best NCC (National Cadet Corps) Cadets
All India Thal Sainik Camp
- CUO. K. Senthilkumar, II BA English was selected to attend Thal Sainik Camp in New Delhi, representing Tamilnadu Pondichery Andaman Directorate.
- Five first year cadets were selected to represent 7 Tamil Nadu Battalion in forthcoming All India Thal Sainik Camp – Inter-unit Competition.
All India National Integration Camp
- L/Cpl. V. Chadrasekar, II BSC., Mathematics, L/Cpl. D.R. Hareesh, L/Cpl. M. Mathimurugan and L/Cpl. K.R. Premkumar of II BSc., Physics attended a special National Integration Camp at Jaisalmer, Rajasthan.
National Level Training Camp
- CUO. S. Abdul Sithick, III BSc., Computer Science was selected to attend SSB (SERVICE SELECTION BOARD) training course at Kamptee, Nagpur.
- 30 cadets were trained in Disaster Management conducted by National Disaster Response Force Division of Central Industrial Security Force, Maharastra.
- Three girl students underwent a three-day Disaster Management Training programme organised by the Indian Red Cross Society, Tamilnadu State Branch from 23rd-25th July 2010.
State Level Republic Day & Thal Sainik Camps
- K. Ajith Vijay, II BA, English, M. Dinesh and C. Jaisankar, II BBA, V. Manthiramoorthy and V. Sathish, II BA Economics and T.R. Anitha, II BCom represented Madurai Group NCC (National Cadet Corps) in the inter-group Republic Day Contingent competition at Tiruchi.
- 10 cadets were selected to represent Maduai Group NCC to participate in TSC-IGC (Thal Sainik Camp – Inter Group Competition) cum CATC(Combined Annual Training Camp) in July 2010.
- 12 cadets attended RDC-IUC at National Engineering College in Kovilpatti to represent 7 (Tamil Nadu) Battalion, NCC and 3 cadets attended TSC-IUC (Thal Sainik Camp- Inter Unit Competition).
- On 24th August 2010, 60 cadets participated in the Queen’s Baton Rally proceeding the Commonwealth Games in Delhi in 2010.
- 30 cadets attended CATC(Combined Annual Training Camp) in Nagamalai and won overall 2nd position in the Drill competition.
- 12 girl cadets attended CATC in Palayamkottai.
- 10 cadets participated in the Cycle Rally from Madurai to Vaigai Dam.
- 15 cadets attended the Republic Day Parade at AR grounds.
- 10 cadets attended the TSC Cadre Camp from 08th - 16th March 2011.
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PROGRAMMES
- Cleaned Balarengapuram Govt. Hospital in connection with the District Collector’s “Keep Madurai Clean” Programme.
- On 11th August 2010, Mr. J.R. Surendran, Coordinator and Counselor, Tamilnadu State AIDS Control Society of Madurai District Branch, conducted a quiz programme on AIDS.
- 50 cadets participated in Anti Tobacco rally on 12th September 2010
- On 23rd August 2010, to commemorate “My Earth My Duty” campaign, Dr. K. Rajendran, Department of Botany, delivered a special lecture on Conservation of Earth and the Environment.
- Cadets assisted Health workers during the National Pulse Polio Campaign on 23rd January 2011.
- Cadets helped in arranging blood donors during emergency calls.
- On 26th July 2010, Kargil Vijay Diwas was celebrated. Prof. S. Subramaniam, Principal (i/c), presided over the function. A speech was delivered by Senior Cadet under Officer S. Mohan, who attended Republic Day Contingent Camp at New Delhi in January 2010 representing TN, P and AN NCC Directorate.
- Mr. Swaminathan, President, Nethaji National Association, spoke on patriotism on 15th March 2011.